Sunday, July 27, 2008

"THE 3 MISTAKES OF MY LIFE"-my review


Somebody asked me if i had read the new one 4m chetan bhagat, 'the 3 mistakes of my life'.i replied in negative as it hadn't even heard of it before.i had already read the first two 4m the author namely five point someone (first ever novel i read) and one night @ call centre.i was in no mood of starting a new novel as i was already reading one from dan brown which i think i'll not finish soon considering its thickness.


i was roaming in the hostel when i met my classmate holding the book 'the 3 mistakes of my life'.i turned the book to its back cover so as to know whats in there."the prologue doesn't sound interesting", i said.my classmate nodded to my statement.i flipped some pages of the book and found "ishaan" written there.my name has recenlty become popular with aamir khan using the name ishaan nandkishor awasty in "tare zameen par" and now an author of two bestsellers in india using it again in his new one.i still remember my childhood when ppl made awkward faces as i told them my name.they used to ask the meaning of my name.even now some ppl can't pronounce it correctly (e.g.my college classmates) and continue to ask me the same question.therefore the mention of my name in the book egged me to read it.i finished the book in no time as it was not a long story .the other reason of finishing it early being the start of a new semester in my final year with no important work to do yet.

i am not a regular blogger.i had not posted much on my blog for 5 months though i read many of other ppl's blogs.i wondered if i was so busy last semester.yes,i was sort of, with some unavoidable reasons(need not to mention).



i came up with a few lines 4m the book i couldnt resist sharing..


1)Nonsensical,monosyllabic responses:

This a usual thing ppl have xperienced when talking to persons they need to start a conversation with especially in case of opposite gender.



2)A guy's plight :

Why are there so few pretty girls? why hadn't evolution figured it out that men liked pretty women and turned them all out that way?


3)The term 'just good friends' or 'very good friends':

A very good friend is a dangerous category with indian girls.from here u can either make fast progress.or if u play it wrong u go down to the lowest category invented by an indian women ever-"Rakhi brother".
Rakhi brother really means 'u can talk to me, but don't even freaking think about any thing else'


4)A lesson:

Life will have many setbacks.people close to u will hurt u.but you don't break it off.you don't hurt them more.u try to heal it .it is a lesson we and our country needs to learn needs.


Another thing i want to say which came to my mind just when i started writing this post is :
construction and destruction go hand in hand.one doesn't lose anything.it comes back to the person in one or the other forms.so have faith in yourself and try not to ever regret whats goes on in your life.

so here it is a new one ,in my philosophy towards life.... :)

HAPPY READING!!!

3 comments:

  1. itni chaatu book thi..is se bhi tune kuch chhaap hi dia..
    kya hoga tera..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helloz !!!

    I am in search of a person who can lend me the book !!!

    Someone has already told me that reading the book was one of th mistakes but still i think Ill give it a try !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. read d prologue nd didnt lik it...sounds lik a mix up...tho i am nt "judge a buk by its covr" kinda public bt i wont commit d nth mistak f my lif by redin d buk...:-)

    ReplyDelete